TODWICK PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held in Todwick Village Hall
at 6.30 p.m. on Tuesday 19th November 2013
- Councillor Hill – Chairman
- Councillor Carter
- Councillor Ferris
- Councillor Greer-Waring
- Councillor Gregory
- Councillor Leah (to 8.07 p.m.)
- Councillor Northall
- Councillor White
- J R Walker – Clerk & Financial Officer
An apology was received from Councillor Pantry.
13/90 BUDGET 2013/14 and 2014/15
Clerk had in advance of the meeting, provided detailed information on bank balances, payments and receipts for the current and previous financial year’s actual expenditure for the current year and projected expenditure for the remainder compared to the agreed budget. Monies would continue to accrue for the remainder of financial year 2013/14 and throughout 2014/15 from the Photovoltaic Feed-in-Tariff System.
Council considered available funding, existing and future commitments and priority allocation of monies for the remainder of 2013/14 and 2014/15.
To fund the following activities in 2013/14:
- Purchase and installation of the war memorial
- Refurbishment of additional public seats
- Purchase of Christmas tree and lights for erection at the new amenity area at The pastures frontage of the village hall
- Purchase of plants for planting at the new amenity area
- Repair the damaged sign at the Mary Gregory Children’s Playground
- Repair of the millennium gates at the entrance to the recreation ground
- Purchase and siting of two picnic benches at the recreation ground play area
- Administrative costs associated with grant applications
To transfer £10,000 into the ring-fenced account for the provision of a new sports and community building at the recreation ground.
That the budget for 2014/15 comprise:
2. Village Hall
3. Recreation Ground
5. Village Maintenance
6. Children’s Playground
That some £2000 of the £6000 allocated for village maintenance be allowed to pay a contractor to undertake weekly tidying up in the village
That £1000 of the £3000 allocated for donations be subject to submissions and subsequent approval under a participatory budgetary regime
That approximately £3500 of the £16000 allocated for the recreation ground be added to the monies ring-fenced for contributing to the provision of a new sports and community building
13/91 PRECEPT 2014/15
Resolved to request a precept of £44,400 for financial year 2014/15, unchanged from 2013/14.
13/92 URGENT ITEMS
Members discussed matters raised at recent public meetings held at Harthill and Kiveton. The Rotherham Bus Partnership had produced comment cards which Todwick Parishioners would be encouraged to return with their comments.
“The Informer” Newsletter
Resolved that with immediate effect all editions of the Council’s Newsletter “The Informer” be forwarded to the Chairman and Vice-Chairman for approving before being sent for printing.
The meeting closed at 8.35 p.m.
The next Council Meeting will be held in Todwick Village Hall at 7.00 p.m. on Tuesday 26th November 2013 in Todwick Village Hall.