TODWICK PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held in Todwick Village Hall at 7.30 p.m.
on Tuesday 28th October 2003
- Councillor Pantry - Chairman
- Councillor Mosley - Vice Chairman
- Councillor Marsh
- Councillor B Waller
Clerk & Financial Officer - J R Walker
Councillor Lythell had resigned from the Council.
Councillors Gregory and L Waller were unwell.
03/76 APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
There were no amendments.
The minutes were signed as a correct record.
03/77 MATTERS ARISING
There were no matters arising.
03/78 URGENT ITEMS FOR LATER CONSIDERATION
- South Yorkshire Fire and Defence Plan
- Notice Boards
- Parish Plan
03/79 CLERK'S REPORT
- had carried out all his instructions from the last meeting.
- for many months and after several letters to the Inland Revenue had so far been unable to ascertain the level of National Insurance to be paid both by the Council and himself. When this was eventually resolved both he and the council would have several months to pay.
03/80 FINANCIAL OFFICER'S REPORT
1. Bowling Club
Payments made since last meeting
Payments to be made
1. J R Walker - Salary and Expenses
2. J B Mosley - Village Maintenance
Existing bank balances
|Business Premium||Business Reserve||Community|
Bank balances after payments made
|Business premium||Business Reserve||Community|
RMBC - Planning Application RB2003/0392
Wales Parish Council - Seven Parishes Meeting
Alice Booth - Invitation to Celebration
Resolved to reserve 12 number invitations.
RMBC - Meeting with RMBC Council Leader
Darryl Lythell - Resignation from Council
Clerk would inform RMBC and thank Darryl for his contribution whilst a member.
RMBC - Planning Application RB2003/944
SYPTE - Litter Bins
G Malcolm Walker - Structural/Condition Survey of Sports Pavilions
- reported on the reluctance of qualified/experienced structural engineers to quote for carrying out the surveys required following Mr Hannaby's failure to undertake the work.
- Took no part in the discussion or decision making
Resolved to accept the quotation.
Charity Commission - Submission of Accounts & Auditor's Report
Resolved to ask the Yorkshire Local Council's Association to determine the legal position.
Clerk would inform the Commission.
Parish Bowling Club - Payment of Annual Rent & Thank You for Donation
YRCC - AGM/Annual Report
RMBC - Parish Liaison Meeting
Birtles Ltd - Shop Forecourts at The Pastures
Lightmain Leisure - Quotation for Provision of additional Safety Surfacing
Resolved to accept the quotation and ask that site works commence at the earliest opportunity.
03/82 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
RB2003/1734 - Two storey side extension and single storey rear extension at 47 Goosecarr Lane for Mr A Ward
Resolved to offer no objection
RB2003/1765 - Front, side and rear extension to bungalow at 10 Furnival Close for Mr T Hessell
Resolved to offer no objection
RB2003/1782 - two storey side and front extension, single storey front extension and single storey rear extension at 14 Church View for Mr P Steel and Miss Hewitt.
Clerk had requested a copy of the application.
Resolved to defer a decision until the application had been studied in more detail.
B Waller reported on the recent meeting at which it was decided to recommend to the Council that allotment numbers 1 to 11 be let to the same individual.
Resolved that allotments numbered 1 to 11 be let to the same individual subject to conditions:
- Payment of a annual rent of £4/allotment
- Cutting and maintenance of the north facing side and top of the whole length of the southern boundary hedge of the allotment field
- Cutting of the south facing side and top of the northern boundary to that part of the boundary hedge adjacent to allotments 1 to 11.
Resolved that the Clerk write to the six surrounding parishes for permission to place a notice on their notice boards advertising the vacant plots at Todwick.
03/85 BUDGET 2003/4
Resolved that the following be included in the budget subject to further discussion on funding and programming:
Sports pavilions to be inspected
Safety surfacing to be laid at the children's playground
Extension of the tarmaced area at the recreation ground
Provision of a bonfire and fireworks display
Provision of hanging baskets in the centre of the village
It was further resolved:
To write to the six surrounding parishes to see whether watering of hanging baskets in Todwick might be incorporated into any other schedule.
To refer to RMBC "Streetpride":
- Condition of highway verges
- Provision of litter bins
- Provision of new seat at Goosecarr Lane
- Provision of road marking at bus stops at The Pastures
- Provision of bollards on the southern footway of The Pastures west of Kiveton Lane
- Provision of school warning signs on all three road approaches
03/86 VILLAGE MAINTENANCE CONTRACT
Mosley reported on his activities throughout the month and his inspection of the defective flooring at the cricket pavilion.
Mosley was hopeful that the event would be successful. Fireworks had been obtained at a most advantageous price.
03/88 RISK ASSESSMENTS
There were no matters to discuss.
03/89 URGENT ITEMS
- Resolved that the Clerk order a copy of the South Yorkshire Fire and Civil Defence Plan.
- Resolved that as Village Maintenance Contractor Councillor Mosley take down the existing notice boards at the children's playground and recreation ground to consider the preferred option for renewing them.
- The Chairman reported on the excellent progress being made on preparing the questionnaires for the village plan. The work was likely to cost some £5000 + VAT.
The meeting closed at 10.20p.m.
The next meeting will be held in Todwick Village Hall at 7.30 p.m. on Tuesday 25 November 2003