TODWICK VILLAGE HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
7.30PM, TUESDAY 5th JUNE 2007
CHURCH HALL UPSTAIRS MEETING ROOM
- Revd.Canon David Bliss (Chair & Trustee)
- Mr John Palmer (Vice Chair/Trustee & Parish Council)
- Mrs Jean Leah (Secretary & Trustee)
- Mrs Margaret Grayson (Treasurer & Trustee)
- Mr John Gabbitas (5th Trustee)
- Mrs Margaret Kettell (Mothers' Union)
- Mrs Mari Gabbitas (Craft Group)
- Mrs Chris White (Toddler Group)
- Mrs Liz Wainwright (Cricket Club)
- Mrs Linda Hewitt (WI)
- Mrs Anne Rusling (Caretaker)
15/07 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- The minutes of the extra-ordinary meeting held on Wednesday 9th May 2007 were accepted and signed by the Chair.
16/07 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
16.1 Trustee Insurance Liability - Following confirmation from the Charity Commission that their approval was no longer required, David undertook to pursue the matter and forward the previously completed Zurich insurance form. Action: Revd.Canon Bliss
16.2 Refuse Collection Rebate - Rotherham MBC - David informed members that he had now cancelled refuse collections until further notice (anticipated July).
17.1 Smokefree Law - Correspondence and associated pamphlets/notices have been received for display in the Village Hall regarding the new Smokefree Law with effect from 1 July 2007. Action: Secretary
17.2 Rotherham Licence Watch - Correspondence from Rotherham Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Council, Police and Fire & Rescue Service had been received inviting the Village Hall to join Rotherham Licence Watch. For a fee of £15 the Village Hall would have
- Access to a licence watch co-ordinator
- Tri-annual newsletter and updates
- Licence Watch signage and branding
- 3 Licence Watch meetings per year
- Notification of "excluded" people - Rogues Gallery
After discussion it was agreed to join for a 12 month period and the Secretary should monitor the benefits received. Action: Treasurer / Secretary
18/07 TREASURER'S REPORT
- Whilst unable to give exact figures, approximate figures were:-
- Business Reserve £18,000
- Current Account £4,000
- Cash in Hand £100
- Members asked the Treasurer, from the next meeting, provides a handout of the financial position at each meeting. This was agreed. Action: Treasurer
19/07 BUILDING WORKS COMMITTEE UPDATE
- David gave a summary, room-by-room, of the present state of the building. The project was more-or-less on target with most rooms now ready for fitting carpets.
- In relation to the kitchen, it had been determined that a hatch would be capable of being fitted into Hall 1. David went through the proposed layout and how adaptations had been incorporated so as to meet DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) requirements. Members asked about the possibility of having a fridge incorporated and David said he would speak with the kitchen designers regarding this. (Secretary's Note - it was subsequently determined that a fridge was already incorporated in the design).
- In terms of the external part of the Village Hall site, tarmacing of the new car park was due during the following week. Additionally a fence and gates had been ordered but it was doubtful that these would be in place for the official opening day.
- In terms of furniture and fittings, curtains had been ordered for Hall 2. In additional vertical blinds had been ordered for every room in the Village Hall.
- Initially 72 fold-up and 50 formal chairs had been ordered - all of which would be delivered before the official opening day. The supplier had agreed to dispose of the old chairs. Rather than disposing of the chairs, Liz Wainwright asked if they could be re-cycled and stored/used by the Cricket Club and for village events such as "Fun Day". The Trustees said they were pleased to be able to re-use them and offered to donate the chairs. Action: Liz Wainwright
- In terms of access, all user groups will be given their own key pad alarm number in due course.
20/07 OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY
- Jean informed members that the temporary licence for the official opening day had been approved by RMBC.
- Jean informed members that the application for a new full licence had been submitted. A full 28 day consultation process was necessary. It was hoped that the full licence would be granted with effect from Monday 9th July 2007.
- It was proposed that a buffet and wine would be served. John Palmer was organising the wine. Anne Rusling and Margaret Grayson were organising the buffet with donations of cakes etc being requested from all user groups.
- Anne Rusling was organising the raffle to be held on the day, all donations would be divided between Bluebell Wood and Rotherham Hospices. Jean was already in receipt of a carpet from Carol Aston Carpets and user groups were asked to provide a raffle prize.
- Members relayed their requirements in terms of tables for setting up on the day.
- Volunteers for transferring items from the container back into the Village Hall were also requested. Liz Wainwright volunteered to co-ordinate this with Tony Rusling.
- Jean said that as soon as the builder gave a time when we could have
access a special meeting to discuss final arrangements for the official
opening day would be notified to all members.
Action: All Users
21/07 VILLAGE HALL TARIFFS FOR 2007
- Jean informed members that the Trustees had now agreed the tariffs (these have
subsequently been slightly amended). The tariffs for 2007 are as follows:-
- Local user groups
£ 6.00 per hour per room (any of four rooms)
£10.00 per hour for use of two rooms
- All commercial lettings
- Under 10 persons £10.00 per hour
- Over 10 persons £12.00 per hour
- Over 50 persons £15.00 per hour
- Half day letting (9am/1pm) £50.00 (+ £10 per hour for additional hours)
- Half day letting (1pm/5pm) £50.00 (+ £10 per hour for additional hours)
- Full day (9am/5pm) £80.00 (+ £10 per hour for additional hours)
- Full day (9am/11.30*) £120.00
- Private Parties up to 6pm
- One hall + kitchen £10.00 per hour + Bond
- Two halls + kitchen £15.00 per hour + Bond
- Private Parties up to 11.30pm*
- One hall + kitchen £15.00 per hour + Bond
- Two halls + kitchen £20.00 per hour + Bond
- Bond required at time of booking £150.00
- "Village Events" - tariff by negotiation and at discretion of the Trustees
- Local user groups
* 10.30pm on Sundays
** New Year's Eve licence extends to 1.00am
- Tariffs will be reviewed at the commencement of each financial year.
- Chris White queried the tariff for the Toddler Group in respect of the "setting up" time. The Trustees undertook to took at this outside the meeting.
22/07 CARETAKER'S SALARY
- The question of an increase in remuneration for the caretaker was discussed. On the one hand, whilst it was suggested the new Village Hall will be easier to clean, it was appreciated that it was now considerably larger than previously.
- After discussion, members were agreeable to a nominal increase of £10 per week being paid to the caretaker. This will enable a consolidation period followed by review to take place. Action: Treasurer
23/07 STORAGE BIDS
- Members were asked to submit their bids for storage to the Secretary as soon as possible. As soon as all bids are received a special meeting will be held to allocate space accordingly. John Gabbitas undertook to contact those users not present at this meeting to ascertain their needs. Action: All Users
24/07 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The next meeting will be held at 7.30pm, Tuesday 4th September 2007