TODWICK VILLAGE HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
7.30pm, TUESDAY 5th DECEMBER 2006, CHURCH HALL
- Mr John Palmer (Vice Chair, Trustee & Parish Council) - Meeting Chair
- Mrs Jean Leah (Secretary & Trustee)
- Mrs Margaret Grayson (Treasurer & Trustee)
- Mr John Gabbitas (5th Trustee)
- Mrs Linda Hewitt (WI)
- Mr Alan Tizzard (Bowls Club)
- Mrs Liz Wainwright (Cricket Club)
- Mrs Mari Gabbitas (Craft Group)
- Mrs Anne Rusling (Caretaker)
- Mrs C White (Toddler Group)
- Mrs Margaret Ware (Over 60s)
Apologies for Absence:
- Revd.Canon D Bliss (Chair & Trustee)
- Mrs Mary Pavey (MU)
In the absence of Revd.Canon Bliss, the Vice Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.
48/06 MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- The minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2006 were accepted and signed by the Vice Chair.
49/06 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
49.1 Christmas Fayre - The total raised on the day of the Christmas Fayre was £2,090 which was a personal best for the Village Hall. It had been a huge success for which the Vice Chair gave his personal thanks as well as those of Revd.Canon Bliss to all members for their hard work in raising such a wonderful amount. Whilst generally speaking it would be inappropriate to single out individuals, it was felt particularly relevant to record the efforts of Chris White who had single-handedly sold raffle tickets to the value of over £200. The Secretary reported that she would be writing letters of thanks to all raffle sponsors and also to our volunteer Father Christmas. Action: Secretary
49.2 Licensing Act 2005 Advice Session - no date(s) for this have yet been confirmed and in the absence of Revd.Canon Bliss who is co-ordinating the event, this item was deferred to the next meeting. Action: Chair
49.3 Trustees Insurance Liability - no further update was available regarding this. The Secretary undertook to discuss this with the Chair and bring forward the item at the next meeting. Action: Chair/Secretary
49.4 Marketing Todwick Events in S26 Directory - The Vice Chair gave details of prices for advertising in the S26 Directory. These are quite comprehensive depending on the size of the advert and duration package. They range from full page £64 per month/£652 for 12 months to quarter page £29 per month/£295 for 12 months. The Secretary has the full details. It was agreed that possible advertising via this avenue should be considered to coincide with the re-opening of the Village Hall. Action: Chair/Secretary
50.1 Charity Commission Annual Return - Trustees to examine and sign before leaving meeting. Action: All Trustees
50.2 Funding News - Latest copy received which the Secretary will note/action any relevant items
50.3 Zurich Municipal - A letter dated 28.11.06 gave notification that the premium of £135 plus £6.75 insurance premium tax would be payable for the container (contents insured £6,000). Action: Treasurer
51/06 TREASURER'S REPORT
- Current position:
- Business Reserve £18,187.57
- Current Account £6,283.48
- Cash in Hand £449.47
- The Treasurer reported that NatWest had forwarded a business line application form to her to register with them if we wish to conduct Village Hall business on-line. Margaret said she was not intending taking up the offer at this time and as a result no further action was required.
- The Treasurer also reported that following closure of the Village Hall for the period of renovation, a rates refund of £106.38 had been received. A query was raised regarding whether we would be entitled to receive any additional rebate as a result of there being no necessity for refuse collections being made. The Treasurer undertook to pursue this with RMBC. Action: Treasurer
52/06 BUILDING WORKS COMMITTEE UPDATE
- The Secretary reported that building work had commenced on Monday 27th November 2006 and, as was clearly visible, the contractor had already completed the main demolition work. Although still very early days, work was on schedule and the next step would be preparing for the footings. The contractor would continue working until commencing a two-week Christmas break and returning on site on Monday 8th January 2007.
- Jean said that work was on-going in relation to funding issues and as developments occurred members would be updated accordingly.
- It was brought to attention via the caretaker that the school crossing patrol warden had written to the builder concerning a "near-miss" involving a school child and a sub-contractor delivering to the site. The builder had responded (the Secretary has a copy of the letter received from the builder) and she undertook to speak with the Chairman (who is also a Governor of the school) so that the matter could be raised with the school head-teacher. Action: Chair/Secretary
53/06 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
53.1 Baby Changing Station - members asked if this item could be placed on the agenda for discussion at the next meeting. Action: Secretary
53.2 Use of Village Hall by Brownies - Information was given which indicated that the Brownies may be considering re-utilising the Village Hall once re-opened.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30 pm.
The next Village Hall Management Committee will be held on
Tuesday 6th February 2007 at 7.30 pm in the Church Hall upstairs meeting room