TODWICK VILLAGE HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2006, 7.30pm
Mr John Palmer (Vice Chair) opened the meeting and welcomed all those who attended.
- Mr John Palmer (Vice Chair)
- Mr Jim Tompkin (Short Mat Bowling)
- Mrs Margaret Grayson (Treasurer)
- Mrs Liz Wainwright (Cricket Club)
- Mrs Mari Gabbitas (Acting Secretary)
- Mrs Margaret Ware (Over 60s)
- Mr John Gabbitas (5th Trustee)
- Mr Harry Bower (PCC)
- Mrs A Rusling (Caretaker)
- Mrs Mary Pavey (MU)
- Mrs Chris White (Todwick Toddlers)
- Rev David Bliss (Chairman)
- Mrs Jean Leah (Secretary)
- Mr Alan Tizard (Bowls)
- Mrs Gill Frith (MU)
- Mrs Linda Hewitt (WI).
Minutes of the last meeting
The minutes from June 6th and July 27th were accepted and signed by the vice chair, Mr John Palmer.
- Licensing Act 2005 Advice Session deferred to the next meeting - Chairman.
- Trustees Insurance Liability deferred to the next meeting - Chairman.
- Hiring Todwick School for the Christmas Fayre - Nov 25th - Secretary.
- Banner to advertise the Fayre to be acquired, possibility with additions - Chairman.
- Advertising in the S26 Directory - costs to be ascertained.
- The Christmas Fayre to be discussed at the AGM.
- Raffle tickets to be arranged and shared out.
- There was no correspondence.
- Margaret Grayson reported that bills were to be sent out.
- Bills were to be paid
- The Finance situation was as before.
Building Works Committee Update
- The Building Regulation Approval should be returned on September 15th
- The Planning Application should be returned on October 6th
- Tenders from the builders are to be back by the end of September.
- Use of the Hall will cease Wednesday October 18th.
- Work is expected to start on Wednesday November 1st.
- A container is to be hired for storing tables & chairs etc. from October 19th. There will be a weekly rental. Toddler Group XS equipment will be stored in the container.
Building Maintenance & Repair Issues
- The fire exit lights have been attended to by John Gabbitas.
Health & Safety Issues
- Chris White queried the possibility of high level locks on the doors to protect the Toddlers. This would contravene fire safety regulations so it will not be feasible.
- The Craft Group Open Day raised £125.00 to be given to the Village Hall. (It will be used to buy a specific item of equipment.)
- A shed is to be supplied and installed next to the Church Hall for Toddler Group storage. Storage racks will be discussed at the next meeting.
- October 17th - 'Roles of Officers etc.' 6.00 - 9.00pm in the Church Hall. The Parish Council will provide refreshments.
- Christmas Fayre.
Ann Rusling will order the raffle tickets (8000).
The hire of the school hall is approximately £80.00.
It was suggested that the school be invited to run a stall.
Raffle prizes - Secretary.
Father Christmas will be organised by the Chairman.
Tombola prizes are to be canvassed. A poster will be put up in the hall and boxes provided for items to be deposited.
The stalls will be as before plus extras if possible.
- Ann Rusling queried why there had been no further applications for funding. This will be answered at the next meeting.
- The absence of the architect at the Building Works Committee meetings was discussed. Lack of information was the prime topic.
- September 29th 2006 - Macmillan Coffee Morning 9.00-12 noon in the Village Hall. Todwick WI are organising this event.
Date of next meeting
The next meeting on October 3rd should be the AGM. However several members gave their apologies and it seems that another date may have to be arranged.
John Palmer closed the meeting at 8.50 pm.