Todwick Neighbourhood Watch "Interim" Newsletter
Urgent News 6th March 2009
We have today heard from South Yorkshire Police about an increase in what is known as "Two in One" crimes in our area where forced entry is made and house and car keys are stolen.
On the evening of 5th / 6th March there was a successful theft at Bramley where a rear door of a property was forced and keys and other valuables stolen.
Last night there was an attempted break in at Kiveton Park but the intruders were disturbed and nothing was stolen.
The Police are offering the following advice to minimise the risk of this type of crime:
- Do not leave car and house keys on view or near a door.
- Always lock your doors and windows even if you are in the property.
- If you have a burglar alarm, always set it when you leave the house, even if it is for a short period.
- Do not leave valuables on display in the car and remove any portable satellite navigation system when you leave the car. They also recommend that the circular marks left on the windscreen are cleaned.
- To make life more difficult for the intruders, please keep your eyes open for suspicious individuals and unfamiliar vehicles in your area.
If you have any information or wish to report anything suspicious, please telephone 01142 202020 which is the call centre for South Yorkshire Police or Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555 111.
Norman Anderson (chair)