The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Todwick
Updated Todwick Church news – 20 April 2020
The Church continues to be alive and active, but the building, along with all buildings in the Church of England, is closed.
Our worship of God and our care for each other continue but cannot be done in this building.
If you would like resources for prayer, worship, or study, or simply want to feel part of a community, please get in touch.
If you want to join the growing number of people who are doing church on a Sunday morning at 10.30 am on Zoom, please contact Rev Vicky, and she will add you to the list. It is lovely to see people’s faces, even if just for a short while, and to be able to be connected to people near and far.
Unlike council graveyards and cemeteries, Todwick churchyard remains open for people to tend the graves of relatives and friends, and as a place of peace. Please continue to observe the required social distancing, and take extra protective care if you are using the tap at the side of the church hall.
The following church officers can be contacted by telephoning:
- Rev Vicky Camber – 01909 771101
- Churchwarden Mary – 01909 770802
- Churchwarden Chris – 07970 838919
- or emailing Rev Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength... Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”
Produced monthly not just for the Church but for the whole village.
Deadline for news about 10th of each month for inclusion in the following month's edition. If sending by email preferably in Openoffice (.odt) or Word (.doc) format.
- Send to the Editor and Advertising Manager: Dr Geoff Downs, 30 Kiveton Lane, Todwick. Tel: 01909 515444. Email: email@example.com
- Distribution Manager
- Mr B Boulton, 8 Mill Hills, Todwick. Tel: 01909 771723
- Mr Roy Hesketh, 13 Osborne Drive, Todwick. Tel: 01909 770937
- Mrs J Edwards, 31 Rectory Gardens, Todwick
St. Peter and St. Paul Church, Todwick: An architectural gem
Available to buy, priced £1.50, from:
- The Post Office, The Pastures, Todwick, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK
- The Kiveton Public Library, Wales Road, Kiveton, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK